Thursday, September 13, 2012

The differences make it beautiful

Nobody should be surprised when I say that Bryan and I are opposites. That was obvious from the beginning but over time we have been able to pinpoint some of the ways we think and act that differ.

And this is where it gets fun for me. I was a psychology major (biology and neuroscience minors - what what?!). I love to know what motivates people, their thoughts, why they do certain things. And I LOVE me a good personality test. Sometimes I will feel like I'm weird but then I'll read a personality description that articulates almost everything about me. And viola...I realize I'm not a freak!

Talk about dead on. I am an ISFJ:

Quiet, kind, and conscientious. Can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above their own needs. Stable and practical, they value security and traditions. Well-developed sense of space and function. Rich inner world of observations about people. Extremely perceptive of other's feelings. Interested in serving others.

Bryan is an ENTJ:

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

That's us, right? And notice that we only have one aspect in common. That's "judgment" which means we both prefer structured environments.

Isn't it incredible how the Lord knows all of this and perfectly paired two opposites together? Only with Him could we appreciate the differences and use them to glorify our God!

Go find your personality! I promise you'll enjoy reading about yourself.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/high-level.html

No comments:

Post a Comment