Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Warner at 2

There is so much I could write about our Warner George as he turned 2.  And it would be constantly changing every day, just like he is.  I know I say this about almost every age but I really can see in leaps and bounds how he has grown up in the past few months.

Most notably to the outside world, his language has exploded!  He can and will copy most anything that we say and has a great memory so is able to remember words after just one or two times of hearing them.  Our whole day is basically a play by play of him identifying things i.e. "Mommy car", "yellow truck", "Warner lunch", "Kim glasses", etc.  It's really fun to watch and it shows his personality even more.  And speaking of his memory, the boy really picks up on everything.  One of the first examples of this was at my parent's house and Bryan was outside with my dad while my mom, Warner and I were in the living room.  Warner went over to the rocking chair, said "Daddy chair" and then pointed to the table next to it, pulled out the coaster section and said "Daddy beer".  Hah!  He pretty much thinks the only thing Daddy drinks is beer and the only thing I drink is coffee :)  He also loves to recall memories.  For example, if you ask him about the Aggie football game, he'll tell you he went with Miles, Mal Mal, Be and Jeff, that he ate popcorn out of a hat, that he ate peanuts, that he said "Gig Em", that he ate pizza for dinner and that he rode on Uncle Jeff's knees (shoulders).  He also says "um" between most of those things while he is thinking of the next thing to say.  It's pretty cute!

Warner knows all of his colors, several shapes, the numbers 1, 2 and 3, and a few letters (P, L which he calls Hola, and of course W).  He loves to go to school to see his friends and teachers and is in the BEST mood when I pick him up.  He is starting to be a little bit shy at times but he obviously warms up and then has the best time when he is comfortable somewhere.  He eats a great breakfast and lunch (what other kid asks for more bell peppers?) but doesn't really eat the dinners that I make but that's fine.

We weaned him of his paci in March (22 months) and he has been great without it.  We also just moved him to a big boy bed in a different room which he also loves and does really good about staying in bed.  He will also go potty in the toilet but is usually too busy to bother.  We're not rushing him at all so if we ask and he says no, we don't push it but sometimes he tells us he wants to, so we certainly oblige!  I think we'll wait to really get potty trained until after baby sister is here so we don't have too many transitions at once.

He's started to love watching Toy Story and I'm pretty sure could watch it all day if we let him.  His favorite toys are cars and trucks and he mostly likes to sort them, stack them, line them up and throw them :)  He sure loves things in order.  He is GREAT at picking up and helping me stay organized.  He gets his own shoes out and puts them away, helps pick up trash, will clean up spills and likes to make sure that all of his toys are back in just the way that he found them.  I don't know where he got that from, neither Bryan nor I are particularly tidy but I am thankful for it.  He also helps me put away laundry and dishes.  He really is a great helper!

Warner took swim lessons a few weeks ago and absolutely loved them.  He has zero fear about jumping into the pool by himself, even if my head is turned!  So we are going to have to be very careful this summer because as much fun as he has, he doesn't know how to keep himself afloat or swim to the edge yet.  But we're glad that he enjoys it and it's a great way for him to burn off some of that toddler energy.

Warner is learning how to interact with other kids and we practice lots of sharing and being kind.  He knows exactly what to do and decides on a case by case basis whether he wants to or not :)  I'm also trying to teach him "Hi, my name is Warner.  What's you're name?" and he will go up to other kids and say "Warner name" so we have a little ways to go with that but it's a good start.  He loves to talk about his teachers and friends at school so I'm hoping that his joyful extroverted personality continues to grow!

We are so crazy about our little man and I am so proud to watch him grow into a little boy!




























No comments:

Post a Comment